COVID COVER+ PROTECTION
The way we travel may have changed but your confidence to plan your holiday shouldn’t.
From 18th December 2020 every new Package Holiday including a flight and hotel, will come with Covid Cover+ to give you added protection should you need to cancel before you go away. This cover available on sunmaster for UK residents, is provided by TIGON Cover Services and included in the total price of your holiday.
Now let’s get to what Covid Cover+ covers...
COVID COVER+ PROTECTION
- Cancellation should you, a close relative, your travel companion or anyone you have arranged to stay with fall sick, suffer an injury or pass away before you go away
- Cancellation should you, your travel companion or any person you have arranged to stay with during your holiday test positive for coronavirus within 14 days of your departure date
- Cancellation should you, your travel companion or any person you have arranged to stay with during your holiday be admitted to hospital due to coronavirus within 28 days of the start of the trip
- Cancellation should you or your travel companion be denied boarding following a positive coronavirus test, receiving a temperature test or other medical test reading
- Cancellation should you be made redundant from a workplace provided that you were working at your current place of employment for a minimum of 2 years and that you were not aware of any impending redundancy at the time this policy was issued or the holiday was booked
- Cancellation should you, or any person you intended to travel with, who is a member of the Armed Forces, emergency services, the nursing profession or a government employee being ordered to return to duty
- Cancellation should you be called for jury service or as a witness in a Court of Law (but not as an expert witness or where your employment would normally require you to attend court)
- Cancellation should your home being made uninhabitable due to accidental damage, burglary, flooding or fire
- Cancellation should the police request your presence following burglary or attempted burglary at your home
How much are you covered for?
TIGON Cover Services will pay you up to £5000 for the unused portion of your travel and accommodation costs, should you have to cancel your holiday and not be able to get a refund. These will be costs that you have already paid to Sunmaster or are contracted to pay.
What does this not cover you for?
- Air Passenger Duty which can be reclaimed by you through Sunmaster and any refundable airport tax
- Cancellation where you have failed to obtain a medical certificate from a medical practitioner, confirming that cancellation of the trip is medically necessary
- Cancellation due to normal pregnancy, without any accompanying bodily injury, illness or complications of pregnancy or childbirth
- Cancellation directly or indirectly caused by pre-existing medical conditions
- Any cancellation arising directly or indirectly from any medical condition affecting a non-travelling relative if; a terminal prognosis had been received; or if they were on a waiting-list for, or had knowledge of the need for, surgery, inpatient treatment or investigation at any hospital or; or if during the 90 days immediately prior to the start of the period of insurance they had required;
- surgery, inpatient treatment or hospital consultations; or
- required any form of treatment or prescribed medication
- Cancellation if you or your travel companion or close relative had symptoms associated with coronavirus at the time of booking your trip
- Cancellation if you or your travel companion or close relative are awaiting results after undertaking a coronavirus test or had tested positive within the 15 days prior to booking your trip
- Any extra charges from Sunmaster charge because of your failure to notify them immediately it was found necessary to cancel
- Cancellation due to prohibitive regulations by the government of any country
- Cancellation due to government or Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office advice warning against all travel, or all but essential travel, for any reason including any epidemic or pandemic, including but not limited to Coronavirus disease (COVID-19); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-COV-2) or any mutation of these
- Costs incurred in obtaining medical information that we may require to assess your claim, including but not limited to General Practitioner fees
- Travel tickets paid for using any airline mileage reward scheme or other reward points scheme
- Accommodation costs paid for using any timeshare, holiday property bond or other reward points scheme
- Any costs incurred by you which are recoverable from a tour operator, public transport operator, accommodation provider, holiday services provider or any other source, or for which you receive or are expected to receive compensation or other assistance
- Any circumstance that could be anticipated at the time you booked your trip
- Your being self-employed or accepting voluntary redundancy
- Cancellation resulting from your failure to obtain a valid passport and any required visa in time for the booked Holiday
- Your disinclination to travel, unless your change of travel plans is caused by one of the circumstances listed under What You Are Covered For
- Cancellation arising due to bankruptcy/liquidation of any tour operator, travel agent or transportation company
- Cancellation due to any act of terrorism
- Cancellation due to suicide or self harm
- Cancellation due to you being under the influence of alcohol or drugs unless prescribed by a doctor
- Any loss directly or indirectly caused by:
- ionising radiations or radioactive contamination from any nuclear fuel or nuclear waste which results in burning of nuclear fuel or;
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous properties of nuclear machinery or any part of it
- Loss or damage arising from war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion or uprising, blockade, military or usurped power
Is there anything else I should know about?
TIGON Cover Services have general and special conditions by which they will expect you to adhere to when making a claim to get the money from your holiday cancellation.
1) TIGON Cover Services will only pay amounts under this policy if they are not covered by other insurance, state benefits or other agreements, or are recoverable from any other party.
2) Covid Cover+ will only cover you, up to the sum insured, if the loss you sustain is not recoverable from any third party after you have taken all legal means available to seek a recovery, including all reasonable steps to mitigate your loss.
3) You must cooperate with TIGON Cover Services and provide them with any documentation or information they ask for, to evaluate your claim or to seek reimbursement from a third party. TIGON Cover Services will not pay any claim unless you and the passenger cooperate fully.
4) If TIGON Cover Services require any medical certificates, information, evidence and receipts, these must be obtained by you at your expense.
5) In the event of a claim, if TIGON Cover Services require a medical examination you must agree to this at their expense.
6) You must act as if you are not insured and be sure to avoid and minimise any loss likely to lead to the need to make a claim under this policy.
7) TIGON Cover Services may at any time pay their full liability under this policy after which they will have no further liability.
8) If any claim is found to be fraudulent in any way this policy will not apply and all claims related or subsequent to the fraud will not be paid.
9) Unless some other law is agreed in writing, this policy is governed by English law. If there is a dispute, it will only be dealt with in the courts of England.
10) Assignment or transfer of this policy shall not be valid except with the prior written consent of TIGON Cover Services.
If you fail to notify Sunmaster as soon as you find out it is necessary to cancel the trip, the amount TIGON Cover Services will pay will be limited to the cancellation charges that would have otherwise applied.
We will only consider claims relating to coronavirus that are supported with a positive coronavirus NHS antigen test or a private test with a CE mark, with diagnosis through a registered laboratory, in the UK prior to departure.
If you are denied boarding as a result of coronavirus you must have documented proof of this from the transport operator.